Wednesday, March 5, 2008

My Sailor












I talked to Luke today. It was nice to hear from him. He got to take a shower today... it was the first one in a month! Thanks goodness for baby wipes. I hope he gets another one before he gets home! Madie's birthday is coming up so he said that he bought her a princess dress in one of the markets. He seems to be doing well and counting the days to come home (even though they don't tell us when that will be). About a month ago he was awarded a coin for doing a good job. From what I can gather.. its kinda a bragging rights, collectible thing. Anyway it is an a recognition for a job well done.

5 comments:

Jenn said...

Hmmm... I'm not sure about that mustache! LOL!

Congrats on the coin and the shower! ;)

Hope it's not too much longer for you guys

Tam said...

I don't know if I could do no showers for a month... The most I can do is 3 days but I stop liking myself around day 1 1/2

Williams Family Dirt said...

Wow, a whole month...they probably don't know who actually stunk, because they all probably do! =) And we wonder why the military isn't full of more women? I think they get to shower every 7-10. My cousin told me once about it, but I have forgotten the double standard.
Glad to hear he is safe. Hugs!

Eliza said...

Yay for showers!!! That's a little funky. I had no idea that showering was so rare in Iraq. I'm so glad to hear he is safe and doing well. Congrats on the coin Luke!!

Aunt Betty said...

What is with the mustache? I didn't recognize him. Good for Luke for getting the Coin. I am proud of him and grateful to him for serving. Love you guys!