Thursday, August 14, 2008

Anniversary... the big 10






For our 10th anniversary we renewed our vows a few months ago. Our actual anniversary is August 1st. We decided to keep it pretty low key since we had already done the renewal... so this is what we did...

OK so I'm not really the creative date. I was thinking dinner and a movie. Luckily I wasn't in charge. When we got in the car I was promptly blind folded (Luke was nice enough to drive slowly as to avoid car sickness). We drove for a little while and then he said that I could remove the blind fold. We pulled up to the ranger station of Joshua Tree National Park. As we pulled in the ranger said "I need to talk to you" as she was looking at me. I assumed at this point that she saw me blindfolded and was going to ask if I was ok. She leaned over and presented me with a bouquet of sunflowers. (insert ahhhhh). We preceded into the park to a picnic area. Luke walked me up to our picnic table and then went back to the car. He had gotten takeout from a local Italian place, sparkling cider, fancy cake, and music. He even remembered to bring our song so we could dance to it. It was wonderful. He really made our anniversary special.

3 comments:

Leasa said...

Right on Luke! You Rock! Nothing like a fabulous date planned by the man! Glad to hear you guys had a good time!

Williams Family Dirt said...

Wow, I am impressed!!! What an awesome date! Gotta love the Joshua Trees! ;)

Jen Wolff said...

Can Luke give my hubby some pointers! What an awesome surprise!